Capsule wardrobes are meant to minimize and simplify your closet (and your life) by maximizing the use of each clothing item. You would have fewer number of items that could easily be mixed and matched to create different outfits. Sounds great, doesn’t it? No more wasted time trying to put together an outfit every morning!
My New Year’s Resolution, though, was to not buy any clothes for myself this year, but I’m allowed to make them. So, here are 7 items (colour palette still unknown) I will/plan to make that will coordinate nicely with what I already own:
- Pinterest-inspired paperbag pants: pattern – McCall’s 7726/True Bias Hudson Pants mash, fabric – Tencel or lightweight denim
- Bodysuit: pattern – Kommatia Patterns B004, fabric – cotton or poly spandex
- Pinterest-inspired basic t-shirt: pattern – modified Love Notion’s Laundry Day Tee, fabric – bamboo spandex
- Pinterest-inspired midi circle skirt: pattern – self draft, fabric – ponte
- Pencil skirt: pattern – Style Arc Zoe Pencil Skirt, fabric – twill or ponte
- Pinterest-inspired button-down shirt: pattern – Hey June Cheyenne, fabric – chambray
- Pinterest-inspired striped long-sleeved shirt: pattern – modified Patterns for Pirates Sweetheart, fabric – cotton spandex
Spring is officially 19 days away. Wish me luck!