I took a risk and used my faux leather fabric to make leggings. Most legging patterns (including the one I used, the free Peg Legs pattern by Patterns for Pirates) require fabric with at least 50% 4-way stretch. This fabric was not that; it was 30% 2-way stretch.
- Raised the front and back about an inch
- Added a soft elastic at the waist (below the waistband)
- Split the pattern into two for a front a back (instead of the one leg piece)
- Split the front into four – upper, thigh (which is the moto patch), knee and calf
- Created a slightly larger copy of the moto patch pattern
- Used coverstitch (2-needle) machine to create “tunneling” for the moto patch
- Sew all pieces together